Wednesday, May 28, 2008

LAESIRC Editorial: "East Side" Indie Bands -- Are They ALL Awesome???

While enjoying a $3 Dewars at the final night of the Le Swish residency at the Ecco on Monday, I looked around the room and saw so many members of my favorite local INDIE bands: The Harry Clam People, Flying Turdillion Archestra, Addie Liar and the Philly Cheese Steaks, Full Chin, Subtraction Day, as well as the weird guy who used to run the record store down the street. I had to pause and ask myself this question: East Side L.A. INDIE bands -- are they ALL awesome??? It's a good question!

I thought about it a lot on the drive home while bumping the advance copy of the new Sweat Hurt album that Windy gave us so we can review it (release show at Pearshape on 6/7!!!). So many bands -- can they all be the best??? Are they all AWESOME???

Yes.

That's all for now -- more reviews coming soon. Keep it INDIE, you guys!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes.
Awesomer than Awesome. I can't agree with you more. good ol' Flan-again and his pet monkey JaneBryant at Ye Olde Lardo have really been shakin in their wingtips over how much FAn-TOm-tastic Music has been coming out of the Beast of the East's. It's like we're in the missed of a Rennaisance! I'm completely blown the FUCKKER WAY that I get to witness this AMAZING scene. Thanks for the support. This blog is going to Blow up!!!!!! btw, Mouse is

Anonymous said...

cheese wizard

Armond Hammer said...

the simple answer is: yes. they are all the best, most influential bands of our generation. Their influence runs so deeps, it often cancels itself out. My mind is in ruin from constantly getting blown, wiped clean, and blown again.

Anonymous said...

Are there gonna be more posts?